Viking CaraBody Malt is gently malted and slightly caramelized special malt product, produced from 2-row brewing barleys. Flavor is soft and balanced containing clear cereal note. Slight sweetness and malty notes can also be found. Contains gluten.
- Has low coloring power with a yellow-golden hue.
- Main intention of this malt is to support body with any beer but especially low colored beers and/or low alcohol content beers.
- The amylase activity is modest and needs to be considered while designing malt blends.
- Recommended dosage rate up to 10%; higher dosage rates may slow down your wort separation process.
- A unique new malt, not a blend of malts.
- Has a positive impact on head retention and foam quality.
- Has a modest flavor impact; therefore Viking CaraBody Malt is ideal when a pronounced mouthfeel and beer foam are desired without affecting other flavor aspects of the beer too much.